Thursday, January 14, 2010

Help Haiti!

"For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in..."

This verse is coming alive to me in the wake of the catastrophe in Haiti. We all have a calling to help...and that will look different for each person. I've already heard of people who have dropped everything and flown over to help. People are collecting items. People are praying. People are giving financially.

I can't get out of my mind the fact that there are probably pregnant Haitian women who have no shelter and no supplies. Mothers who have lost their children or have no place for their children to sleep tonight.

I know there are lots of different organizations that are sending people and collecting money, but I personally know people at Compassion and have seen first hand the integrity that the Compassion Organization has. So, if you don't already know where to send your money to help in the wake of the Haiti earthquake, may I suggest Compassion?

Will you join me in praying for all the mothers, especially those expecting, in Haiti?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear your thoughts!...

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker