Wednesday, January 7, 2009

New Years Resolutions...

My sister-in-law has informed me that I don't blog enough anymore. :) For a while now, I've not felt like there was anything worth really blogging about so I've just kind of stopped. So New Years Resolution #1 - Keep up the blog.

New Years Resolution #2 (For the umpteenth year in a row) - Go to the gym more often and lose weight. I can easily say this in theory, but putting it into practice is a whole other story. Matt has ever so kindly informed me that I need to get back to the gym.

So...Monday morning he informed me we were leaving at 5pm for they gym. I had all day to prepare myself mentally. 5pm came around and no matter how much mental prep I had done that day I did not want to go. I was giving him every excuse in the book...I even started batting my eyes and pouting...hoping that anything would get me out of going to the gym. But Matt was not taking no for an answer. He went to the fridge to get his bottle of water, the whole time saying positive things. With his back turned, he was telling me "All right! This is going to be fun to work out together." He turned around as he was finishing that thought and found me flat on my face on the floor. This was my last attempt to protest the gym and for some reason I figured it just might work. He started laughing at the timing of his comment and finding me sprawled out on the floor, but then he picked me up and told me to put my shoes on.

Ok...I admit that once I started working out it wasn't so bad...and I was told that I was not allowed to ask him how much longer he was going to go or how many more minutes we would be there...that I had work out hard until he was done. Well I did...and it wasn't so bad.

Its nice to be blogging again!

3 comments:

  1. Good to have you back! Glad Matt talked you into going :). It's not about being skinny, it's about having more days to spend with Matt, right? I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... So says the skinny girl who bakes cakes! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne...you wrote on your blog...haha. I decided not to make a new year resolution because they never come true. I am just telling myself that I'm going to go work out and lose weight. It was wonderful seeing you guys over the holidays. I wish that I could come up for a week this summer. But school...have to get it done.. Well talk to you soon. Miss you guys

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear your thoughts!...

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker