Thursday, August 7, 2008

Don't Know What To Call This...

I had an emotional melt down last night...I can't imagine what was going on in Matt's brain at the time but he was so patient with me.

As I was driving home last night, I talked to my mom about Evan's wedding and how we are leaving today for Matt's hometown and when I got off the phone I had a wave of emotion hit me like a ton of bricks. Instantly, I missed living close to family. Matt and I pulled into the driveway at the same time and he opened my door only to find tears running down my face. I silently cried all the way into the house but once Matt asked me what was wrong -- a fresh wave of tears and sobs poured out. He just hugged me as I cried and cried and cried.

Matt: Let's go sit down.

Me: (As I was sobbing) No, we have to clean the house.

Me: (Taking a deep breath as I let out a loud sob) But I don't want to clean! (as a full sob session begins again -- mind you...this has nothing to do with cleaning my house and I still have no clue why suddenly that is what came out of my mouth)

I was so exhausted and emotionally wasted that nothing was making sense and Matt just hugged me again as the sobbing continued. What a guy! He stayed up extremely late cleaning my house and doing laundry as I slept. Its in the really hard times that I am especially thankful that I have such a supportive and understanding husband!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it a blessing that we have husbands that are willing to listen, hold and love us when we make no sense to them. It sounds like you are realizing how much your family is changing. All the kids are growing up and moving on with life. But don't worry, as it changes, it has new good times and memories with it. You start to bond with your siblings as adults and then you get to watch your kids and their kids bond. It's pretty amazing. You will still miss the "old times" when you were kids, but the new times are pretty great too. Or maybe you're just pregnant. Now you know I had to go there. Anyhow, love ya girlie. Call me if you need to talk.

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear your thoughts!...

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker