Sweet Potato Puree (I use two - four large sweet potatoes which lasts me 2-4 weeks depending upon how thin my puree is)
I know other people prepare it differently but I have found this to be the EASIEST because the peel comes right off!
- Wash sweet potatoes.
- Use a fork to poke holes all over the sweet potato.
- Run the potato under water again and IMMEDIATELY cover with foil.
- Put in a 425 degree preheated oven.
- I leave it in for 45-60 minutes.
- Pull it out when you can squeeze it and its mushy.
- The peel will come right off!
- Put chunks into a blender. Add however much liquid you need (I start with 1/2 cup water) to get the consistency you desire.
- OR I don't even use the blender anymore now that Rilyn is eating more "real" food. It just takes longer to freeze.
My Cost: $.98/potato = $2.94
Amount: 48 oz
Baby Food Cost: $.98 / 4oz jar