Sunday, July 11, 2010

Savage Family Vacation and E-Mealz

I feel like I have been and will continue to live out of a suitcase for the month of July! Matt was gone for a week on a high school youth trip, so I went to Bloomington to be with my family. We were home for 2 days and then left for a Savage family vacation, which we just got home from last night. Although we were once again using a suitcase, it was a great three days of some much needed R&R. We stayed at a cabin in Indiana and had a good time with my family (missed you Erica and Kendall!)

Next week, Matt will once again be gone for the week on a Jr High trip. So, I'm trying to decide if I want to pack a suit case once again or just try to forge ahead on my own.

This is the first week we have been home in several weeks, so our fridge is completely bare. Last week, we were only home two days, so I didn't want to go grocery shopping for just that, so we've been eating out alot.

Well, we're back for the whole week and I'm really excited, because I'm starting my E-Mealz plan for the first time! For the month of June, I tried to plan out all of my meals and stick to fresh food. It was exhausting! I did not enjoy - nor did this new mom have the time - to devote to doing that each week. I happened across E-Mealz and decided I would give it a 3-month trial (you have to sign up for 3 months at a time).

For $1.25/week ($5/month) you can sign up for the type of plan you would like AND choose which store you most frequent. I chose the Meal Plan for 2 at Walmart. They've done all the work for planning out my week, INCLUDING my grocery list. The cost for groceries on this plan averages $30-40 per week. I will be saving about $40-50 per week (yes...we ate out alot...and can't resist starbucks) YAY! This new mom is very excited and very happy. I think its well worth the $1.25 per week. I printed off my list for the week and will head to the store in the morning. I'll keep you posted on how my first week goes and how my picky hubby likes the meals...

E-MEALZ EASY AND DELICIOUS DINNER RECIPES

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear your thoughts!...

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker