Wednesday, May 26, 2010

You Know You're A Mom When...

Mom Confession. It's official. I've entered the deep world of motherhood. Yesterday, Rilyn spit up and I didn't have a burp cloth anywhere in the immediate room, so...I used my shirt.

I used to see moms do that and think "Wow that is gross. I won't ever do that." But there is something about it being your own child and I would rather clean up my child with my shirt than have her sit like that for a moment so I could run to get a burp cloth. It's amazing how your attitude changes towards things like that.

Today my baby girl is a month old. Its been 4 weeks already! I feel like the time is already slipping away. I know that may seem dramatic but its truly the way I feel. I'm trying to enjoy every moment, every smile and every diaper I change. :)

Today is also Rilyn's 1 month Dr appointment...which means a shot. I'm a little nervous about it and I'm glad Matt is able to go with me to the appointment. We'll see how it goes.


4 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you, Anne! You're such a good mom. Don't worry about the shots-the only one who will remember them is you! ;) Hope it goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We waiting on the shots till our boys were one..made it easier!

    One month does fly!

    I've learned to say: I'll never do this...saves me "egg on the face" ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the picture of her and Matt! Too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That picture with Matt could be a poster with just the right caption! You should do a contest for the caption.
    Peggy Hardy

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear your thoughts!...

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker