Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Pregnancy Milestone: Stretch Marks

I officially have pregnancy battle scars -- stretch marks. I mentioned something to Matt the other night and this is the conversation that occured:
Me: Look, I have stretch marks all along the bottom of my belly now!

Matt: Didn't you buy a special lotion that prevents those?

Me: I put lotion on, but it isn't going to prevent them from happening.

Matt: Well, don't worry...they'll go away after pregnancy.

Me: (Chuckling) Umm...don't get your hopes up on that one.

Matt: Seriously? They don't go away!?!? So...what happens to all the skin? Does it go back or does it just hang?

Matt has provided much comical relief for me as we have journeyed through this pregnancy.

We were having a conversation last night about all that we need to do to prepare for Baby Girl's arrival and it was a little overwhelming.
  • There's a list of items we still need
  • Organize our entryway
  • Finish Baby Girl's room
  • Figure out finances
  • Continue to declutter
And the list goes on. Matt asked me "Are we ready for this baby?" My immediate response was "No" but I know that even if she came today, we would be ok. We'd figure it out...we'd pull through. She and I would both survive even if my entryway closet isn't organized.

However...it would make it a little easier if I would get some things crossed off the list. :)

2 comments:

  1. The good news is that even if they don't go away (some might) at least they do fade! By the time my kids were a year my stretch marks looked a whole lot better! If you have a doctor that suggests a laser treatment right after the baby is born remember this because you can wait and see what it looks like in a year and decide then instead. I tried mederma as well, it is an ointment that is supposed to help you get rid of stretch marks. Maybe it does for some people, but I just felt like it made me smell like an onion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your conversation made me giggle out loud. :) Very sweet!

    Oh, and yes, no matter what you'll be ready, one way or another. :)

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear your thoughts!...

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker