Thursday, December 3, 2009

Freezer Meals and Our Little Mango!

Today I'm 19 weeks! I can't believe that I'm nearly halfway through my pregnancy! According to TheBump.com, our baby is the size of a Mango this week! Next Thursday, Matt and I have our 20 week appointment, then a few days later we'll have the sonogram to find out if its a boy or a girl!

There's a poll on the right side of the blog, feel free to share your opinion on what you think we're going to have! :)

This month Matt and I have decided not to eat out at all, unless we have a gift certificate. So, yesterday I spent the evening preparing some easy freezer meals that we can just pop in the oven. I bought 5 lbs of hamburger at Aldi. After browning up the meat, I made:
  • 1 pan of lasagna
  • Stuffed shells
  • Spaghetti Sauce
  • 2 lbs of taco meat
I also made some potato soup. All of this went into the freezer, ready for when we want it. We also still have a ton of BBQ Pulled Pork left over from Matt's birthday party which is in the freezer too. My mom used to always make freezer meals, and I definitely think she's a smart woman! ;)

One Important Part: Since there's only two of us, I buy the little freezer bags, then I divvy up the taco meat and BBQ Pulled Pork into meal portion sizes. That way, I'm only unfreezing exactly what I need. We're also more likely to use it then. :)

Anyone else out there make freezer meals? Any freezer meal ideas?

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I love the small ziploc idea :) My mom does the same thing with fruit to make cobblers and crisps and stuff. She did it at the end of the summer when she could still by fresh at the farmer's market so we would have all winter. I also do the same things with veggies... like when I use a little bit of red pepper in a salad or something, I'll cut the rest of and freeze it for stir-fry or more salads!

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear your thoughts!...

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker