Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Crosswinds Community Church - New Home

I love my dad! He inspires me all of the time to love and care for people - right where they are. He has incredible wisdom and knows when to challenge and when to encourage. Years ago, my dad started talking about planting a church, thus Crosswinds was born. I remember the beginning stages of meeting on my parent's front lawn to finally finding a home in a warehouse and all of the growing pains that come along with a brand new church. I know that for my dad (well...my whole family) there has been a lot of joy and a lot of pain that has come on this journey - but its been a good one.

A few months ago, an opportunity came along for Crosswinds to take over an older church building that had a dying congregation. You can read more here and on my dad's blog. Sunday afternoon, my dad called me excited to tell me about moving day. Instead of a typical church service, they had a moving service. The entire church came together and moved from one building to the new building. Its an exciting new season and I know that it has pumped my dad up! I am sure that seeing his dream taking a huge leap forward is a confirmation that he has truly followed the direction God laid out for him to do.

I once read somewhere that becoming a follower of Christ is not an invitation to an easy life, a life of luxury or a safe life, but its still worth it!

You can check out more about this exciting day by checking these out:

Moving Photos
"Move That Church" post by Amy



2 comments:

  1. That is so exciting! Congrats to your dad, God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wbat an amazing tribute. I am humbled and love you very much!

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear your thoughts!...

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker