Thursday, May 15, 2008

Compassion International - El Salvador

Update #2 (my last one from El Salvador)

There is so much I want to say and I am still trying to process it all. The one thing I will say for today's post, is you can 100% trust Compassion International with your money and what they are doing with it! I can guarantee that your money goes to your child!

One of the major misconceptions I had before coming was that I thought that my money hopefully went to my child but that's all. Compassion is so much more than that! THey have an entire program that the children apply to be a part of and it equips them to have a better future. They tutor the children and also teaches them how to take care of themselves, as well as other things to equip them to have a decent job!

One program had a beauty class, several had computer classes, sewing and other workshops were very common. One program also had a chicken farm where they taught the children how to take care of chickens but also how to create a business out of it. The children are truly in charge of the farm - all aspects including the selling of the chickens to local businesses!

All that to say - Compassion is Awesome! Matt and I have a child named Busualem (or Buzz as Matt likes to call her) in Africa. I am confident that she is well taken care of and is going to have a future!

I really want to sponsor more children now!

One last thing - if you have a compassion child - WRITE TO THEM! It means so much! When we visited a child's home he ran in and grabbed a letter that his sponsor had written to him. He was holding it as if it were going to break!

Below, the little girl on the right is named Annita. She was attached to me and I will be praying for her! She is a little preacher!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear your thoughts!...

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker