Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Christmas is on its way!

We have three Christmas parties at our house in the next week and I started my Christmas baking last night! I got a batch of cookies done...



I also got a batch of ChexMix done as well as a batch of Carmel ChexMix...this stuff is SO yummy! I brought some to work today and it was gone within an hour! You can find the recipe below. Follow all the directions including putting the mix into a brown paper bag...it really does make all the difference!

Carmel Chex Mix
1 stick butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup Karo Syrup (or Corn Syrup)
pinch of salt
1/4 tsp. baking soda

8 cups Crispix
1 cup pretzels
1 cup mixed nuts


Microwave butter, brown sugar, syrup and salt in microwave for 4 minutes. Immediately add baking soda and mix well. Pour over crispix mix. Pour mix into brown paper bag (yes a brown paper bag!). Microwave 1 1/2 minutes, shake, microwave again 1 1/2 minutes, shake. Pour out onto cookie sheet to cool.


Enjoy!



3 comments:

  1. IT'S OKAY!!! YOU DON'T HAVE TO WEAR OUT YOUR CAPS LOCK KEY!!!! It's just a day, seriously. Hopefully I'll have many more...




    ...unless He decides to take us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Anne! This sounds great! How much salt did you put in it? We have a family get together and this sounds perfect for it! Enjoy the holidays and see you on Christmas Eve! Melanie Brashears

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUMMY!!! I am so looking forward to Sat. night. I got our "sweaters" washed ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear your thoughts!...

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker