Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas Dash

I am sitting in Bloomington, finally feeling like I have a breather. We have had 7 Christmases and it has been one place after another, and two states. Matt, my mom and I headed to the mall and returned or exchanged gifts. We have to see lots of people in 2 1/2 days!

But it has been a wonderful holiday week overall. Matt preached Christmas Eve at his home church in Mt. Carmel. He talked about how we all have stories that we remember or define who we are today. In a nutshell, he challenged everyone to make the "Christmas Story" not just a one time a year thing, but have it engrained in us so that it defines who we are. Christmas is celebrating the fact that Christ came and took the sting of death away for our sin. One of the things he ended on was the fact that if sin didn't exist, then there would be no need for a Christmas. That was something I had never thought of before.

I hope you all had very Merry Christmases!


If sin didn't exist, then there would be no need for a Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas Friend!!

    Are you guys heading home for the new year?

    Talk to you very soon!! Lot's of MFM planning!!

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear your thoughts!...

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker