Sunday, September 16, 2007

DeCluttering...

My mom was here Friday night and Saturday and we had a lot of fun decluttering my house. Matt and I have been living in our apartment for over a year and I had yet to unpack everything! Boxes of books and Matt's "nostalgic" things have been piling up in our guestroom and it has been crying out, "Anne...unpack me!" Until my mom came, I have been too lazy to do anything about it. For 7 hours yesterday my mom and I (with Matt's help!) unpacked boxes, went through old clothes, and lots of pictures and papers that had piled up or had never been unpacked in the first place. I wish I had a before and after photo.

It was like that tv show on TLC where people have been piling all this junk and then TLC comes in and organizes everything. There is a wonderful feeling after things finally have a home and they are put away! My guest room actually has a floor...so if anyone wants to come visit...you can actually walk around the bed now!

A little tip my mom taught me: You can fake clean your house! If everything is put away and your house is truly decluttered...then you don't have to dust as often because it has the "look" of clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear your thoughts!...

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker