Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Martha Mad Dash

I woke up this morning at 6 am, wide-eyed and ready to meet the day...much to my chagrin. I decided to get up and work out. I pulled out my kick boxing dvd. That wonderful idea of mine lasted about 5 minutes. I decided my fingers needed some excercising so I started flipping through the channels when I came to Beth Moore's morning show (6:30 in the morning). She was talking about the difference between Mary and Martha. Martha became so busy DOING for God that she missed out on God Himself.

I have found that I do that myself. I am busy leading Girls' Small group, working with the youth, other church activities and being a good wife that I miss out on God himself! I don't take the time to soak him up. Isn't that our true calling? Our calling is to glorify God. Someone once gave the analogy of knowing someone so well that you can look into a mirror and you reflect their image. So it is as if we are reflecting the image of Christ...that is glorifying Him. So, how do we reflect Christ when we aren't even studying Him or looking at Him!

I was discussing this with a friend today and they asked me, "Do you ever think that we could get bored with being busy?" Its an interesting thought...I certainly hope that happens soon so I slow down!

So I want to know if I'm all alone in my Martha Mad Dash...if you're running with me, what are you doing to slow down?

1 comment:

  1. I don't find myself so much in this place right now, but I do remember that the first year we were married q-times really suffered. As I began a new career, new marriage, new house, new town, and new chruch. Sound familiar, but without the added pressure that comes with a P.W. title.
    I felt the first year like any time I did get to spend reading the Bible I was like a dehydrated maniac gulping down passage after passage. I'd read psalm after psalm until I could finally slow down to process a line or two unsure when I'd find the time to soak it all up again.
    After I got a better handle on all these adjustments my soak time got better too. Perhaps is will be the same for you too?!?

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear your thoughts!...

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker