Tuesday, June 22, 2010

She Smiles



I always heard people talk about an instant connection with their babies. Mothers who fell in love as soon as they saw their child. I have to be honest, I didn't feel that intense feeling. Yes, I would have done absolutely anything for Rilyn and had an innate desire to protect her, but didn't feel that gushy love feeling. For the first few weeks I felt like maybe I was a bad mother or something was wrong.


But now, she smiles and it makes my heart melt. On Sunday she was laying on her belly in the living room and I was getting ready in the bathroom. I could see her but she couldn't see me. I said something to her and this huge smile broke out on her face...she recognized my voice and smiled! That was a huge moment for me...priceless!
Matt and I often talk about how crazy it is that he and I are the only people who know her as intimately as one can right now. We know her different cries. We know how she likes to be held. We know her different faces. I love being Rilyn's mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear your thoughts!...

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker