Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Which Son Am I?

This Crazy Love series is really challenging me! In fact, I've been "stuck" in Chapter 4 - Profile of the Lukewarm - for a while now. It's been something I have to soak in and really challenge myself with. Because most of it is smacking me right in the face...in a good way of course.

There was a verse that really caught my attention last night, Matthew 21:38-31:

28"What do you think? There was a man who had two sons. He went to the first and said, 'Son, go and work today in the vineyard.'

29" 'I will not,' he answered, but later he changed his mind and went.

30"Then the father went to the other son and said the same thing. He answered, 'I will, sir,' but he did not go.

31"Which of the two did what his father wanted?"
"The first," they answered.

Wow, I don't know about you, but for me this was screaming my name. So often, I'm the person that puts on a good face and says, "Yes of course I'll do what you're calling me to do", but either I don't or in my heart I'm kicking and screaming. I think both of those reactions are the same. To quote my mom, "Obedience with an attitude is disobedience."

However, what also popped out to me is God's grace. Even when we screw up, if we genuinely return to His will, he gladly accepts us. What a gracious and loving God!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear your thoughts!...

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker