Monday, January 4, 2010

We're Back!

What a trip! On Christmas Eve, we headed down to see Matt's family, then on the 29th, we went to see my family and got back on the 2nd. A 10-day trip to see family! It was great, but it was so nice to be in my own bed again!

Now, back to reality...yesterday I worked on the bills.

During the month of December, God taught Matt and I a lot about trusting Him with our finances. Our entire church went through a challenge called "750...in the black". We were all encouraged to double our giving during the month of December. I figured out the budget, and doubling our giving wouldn't be too difficult. After praying about it, Matt told me that he felt like we were to give a specific number...more than I was "comfortable" giving. I could do double...but this was going to be a stretch. But that is exactly what God was asking us to do...trust that he would provide! It was so cool to watch that happen.

We watched God provide money for food and gas again and again. Before we left I told Matt that I didn't know how we would have money to eat at his favorite Taco place in his hometown. Sure enough, we were given a gift certificate to that exact place for Christmas. God is so cool!

As I sat doing my bills yesterday, I found myself getting stressed out. It was as if all the cool God stories were forgotten, and I wasn't in the place of trusting God with my finances anymore. I got it all figured out and then sat down for my quiet time and this is what was in my devotional for the day.
Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? "And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

What a good reminder!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear your thoughts!...

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker