Monday, November 9, 2009

Encounter Weekend 2009

This past weekend was our annual Encounter Weekend for our high school and jr high students. I believe we had somewhere around 71 students who came this weekend. It was a great weekend of small group time, worship, a speaker and lots of fun!

I was with the 9th and 10th grade girls all weekend. One thing that hit me hard, is how much these young women are dealing with. It hurts my heart to think how many of them have to play the role of "parent" because their own parents aren't stepping up. Or the other young women who find their identity in whether or not they have a boyfriend. Or the young women who are using drugs and alcohol to numb their pain.

These are 14 year old young women! Such hurt and pain for such a young woman. Lord, please heal their broken hearts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear your thoughts!...

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker