Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Looking in...

Do you ever feel like people get a glimpse into your life at the wrong time and possibly get the wrong impression?

For instance, when I was in high school, a family from our church visited my school to see if they wanted their child to attend there. They happened to look into a classroom and there I was, chewing on my nails...looking very bored. That next Sunday, they told me what had happened and I was so embarrassed! Normally, I was a really attentive and good student, but apparently the subject was really boring that day. Wrong time. Wrong impression.

This weekend we had several people over to my boss' lake house for a cookout. It got really late for my friend Rachael and her husband Shawn to drive home, so they decided to stay overnight at our apartment. Of course, before I had left for the lake house, I had baked bread but did not have the opportunity to clean up the kitchen. And of course, there was the three piles of laundry in my bedroom and the unmade bed. To my mother's chagrin, I am not a clean person...I really have to work at it. But normally, my kitchen is clean and I don't have three piles of laundry...just one. Once again...Wrong time. Semi-wrong impression!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear your thoughts!...

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker