Monday, June 18, 2007

Preacher Matt

Matt performed his first wedding this weekend for our friends Milady and Chad. It was a really hot but beautiful day! Matt did a wonderful job! The best part of his message was from the verse Genesis 2:23,

The man said,
"This is now bone of my bones
and flesh of my flesh;
she shall be called 'woman, [a] '
for she was taken out of man."

Matt talked about how bones represent strength and flesh represents weakness. When one is weak, the other is strong. Where the other is weak, one is strong! It was a good reminder of how a marriage is meant to support each other...be the strong frame for the rest of life!

Doesn't he look so nice in his suit?


my mother-in-law Elaine and I


5 comments:

  1. Wow, his first wedding ceremoney, that is so exciting! It sounds like he did a great job. I love weddings even more now that I am married because I can reflect on the day I made my own vows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really didn't have to put my picture on here. It was great to have you guys down for a few days. Hopefully you can rest now that you are home!
    Love ya,

    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. The post you commented on was lyrics by Blindside's "Fell In Love With The Game". It's some kind of a metaphor. The "You" was deliberately capitalized to indicate God, and it's like that in the CD insert as well, so that's what the writer meant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's okay, I'd never have known who they were either but for Joseph Szabo, the little weirdo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute outfit for you! :) And the bangs to the side... very nice. You guys are coming back soon, right?? We miss you:(.

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear your thoughts!...

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker