Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Happy New Year!

I rang in 2007 watching movies with my parents and two little brothers. Matt and Evan left on Sunday for Passion in Atlanta, GA. So Matt and I spent our first New Years apart. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The thing I wasn't looking forward to the most was coming home by myself. I'm okay being at home by myself...but knowing that I was going home by myself seemed a whole lot harder. I was trying to figure out why and then I realized...

For the last 4 months, I've been driving north to Matt's home. Yes...its my home too but in my mind I tell myself I'm going with Matt to Matt's home in Northern IL. Monday, I had to do it all by myself, Matt wasn't there to cushion the blow. I was going to my home. I was overwhelmed with the feeling of desiring to be in my own bed and sit on my own couch in Northern IL but still feel "at home" at my parents. The struggle proved to be draining.

So I guess Northern IL is officially my home...well our home.

1 comment:

I want to hear your thoughts!...

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker